View Single Post
Well it's only been 4-5 days with my Lumia..and you guys might consider it a downgrade, but I don't. I'm not a tweaker, and as life gets busier and busier for me, I want my phone to do things I need, fast and easily.

- I love the display, very crisp and clear. I prefer using my phone to read articles and browse the net as opposed to on my laptop. Big difference from the N900.

-Nokia maps, Nokia drive are awesome

-Integrated Bing search is wow

-I've always said I'll never get a phone without a keyboard and well...I was wrong. L900's keyboard is the best. I use it in portrait mode almost always, don't even need to switch it to landscape 'cuz it's just that good. I love how I can dictate my messages to my contacts, and have their messages read and replied all without having to touch my phone (big + when I'm driving)

-I like the live tiles updating me with fb, twitter, weather, news, etc all on the same screen.

-Emailing is just as easy as texting/sms

-Skype beta is the best I've used. It's just really neat, and this isn't even the official version yet. The only prob with skype right now is it doesn't run in the background, however for calls, videos, chatting...it's amazing

-the OS supports tango and whatsapp...def. needed these

-Call quality is great

-the N9 design...this phone is GORGEOUS. N900 is bulky and I got tired of it. Needed something I can use with one hand.

Windows OS fits my needs I wanted an OS that's supported and is stable, but at the same time different and fun. And well this worked for me

I use the browser mainly to search things however with bing integrated, I can just do everything within the OS. I've only used the explorer browser so far, and it can open a bunch of tabs and you can easily multi-task through them. Haven't used my browser as much, will update you on that in a few days. Didn't really feel the need to as of yet, been using apps for news reading, browsing forums etc and bing for search

I have all the apps I need, the only thing missing for me right now are drug/medical apps, like Micromedex and Epocrates. So far been using the browser for those and no complaints. With the N900 I'd get frustrated at times, but L900's experience is just something else.

Disappointing factors:
-Camera- N900 def wins in this area.
-Not as customizable- can't have pics in the background or add/move widgets..
-Having to press the back button to exit out of things
-When viewing the windows you have open while multi-tasking...wish there was a feature to close them (this was def a plus on the N900)
-No memory card slot
-Can't take out the battery

I think Nokia will send a fix for the camera because a lot of people have been complaining. Customizability isn't that much of a prob for me, I'm satisfied with the live tiles.

P.S. I found out 1-2 days ago, MAG also got a Nokia Lumia

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nokiaqueen For This Useful Post: