View Single Post
Community Council | Posts: 677 | Thanked: 1,227 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mbabane
No idea about S6, but I have an S4 (gift).

The S4 has better resources than N900 (RAM and CPU) and with CM13, performs way better than it did when I got it.

However, N900 is still my primary device. I'm learning Python at the moment, and have tried Kivy and QPython on Android . . . and the experience is not comparable to N900 (although running older python)

YT - there is cutetube2, and you may or may not enjoy using it.
Web pages - most people report that the default browser (MicroB) is no longer good for their needs. Incidentally, it still works great for many of the pages that *I* browse.

So yes, N900 is really old device now. No escaping that. But it still kicks ***
And the HWKBD does a good job of compensating for the N900's flaws - typing on Android with or without Swipe just doesn't compare. Trying to use terminal type applications (connectbot, termux, irssi) on the Android VKBD is just painful, at least for me.

Since you already bought it - use it, and tell us how you find the experience . . . There's nothing wrong with not enjoying it - you can just sell it to someone that likes it better

I wouldn't mind obtaining a third one

Last edited by sicelo; 2017-05-04 at 08:33.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sicelo For This Useful Post: