Thread: [SailfishOS] WhoGo Maps
View Single Post
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Another thing, my voice stopped working again.
Sorry, I was away for a while without a chance to play with it. I tried again and voice worked fine. So it may have been a user error. I remember I was trying to confuse the system by navigating the wrong way etc. I cleared the route, started again and everything works fine. It even found a foot route from a train station to a local attraction, both only referred to by names, not addresses.

I had some fun with routing though. I was trying to navigate to an address in a village near me. One that was clearly on the map. WhoGo found a route to a village with the same name about 500 km away. I had to resort to navigating to an "unnamed point", created by a long tap on the screen.

My suggestion would be to present a list if the address lookup comes up with multiple results.

Similarly, I was navigating to Kingston Bagpuize, but misspelled it as Bagpuise and found no results. I would expect the lookup to offer similarly looking alternatives. Even better, an instant lookup with suggesting alternatives as you type.

A last suggestion, can we have a feature to just look up addresses, without finding routes to them? There is a "nearby venues", but that is not quite the same thing. And it is limited to only up to 20 miles.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post: