View Single Post
Originally Posted by biketool View Post
Estel, if you want FSK or PSK data over soundcard fldigi will do most of the work in most popular modes, for more network oriented traffic ax25 protocol will permit even tcp/ip over soundcard. These are well supported by OSS. These are both intended for low bandwidth radio so will easily fit in GSM voice channel. These are available for chroot debian on the repos right now. In the amateur radio repos there is even a very low bandwith app, WSJT, which averages tones over minutes for bouncing signals using the moon as the communication satellite, it is possible to connect worldwide using a 100w VHF or UHF amp, a preamp, a SSB radio, and a long yaggi made from grounding wire and a piece of wood or plastic pipe.
Thanks a lot - coincidentally, just yesterday I've been through long articles about that moon-reflected signals. Awesome stuff. It seems, (from other threads), like you know many things about HAM radios - this could be invaluable, as my knowledge about this topic is purely theoretical.

I'll take a look into those Debian programs - if they do what we need to do, we just need talented GUI programmer (hint: Copernicus ) to bundle all existing components into one send-receive Maemo's native program, and we're there

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post: