View Single Post
Posts: 631 | Thanked: 837 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Milton, Ontario, Canada
While I completely agree with all the N800 VS N810 advocacy of 2 full SD slots instead of the one goofy mini, the useless GPS of the N810, and the debate over the keyboard (again biggest point here as mentioned is that on the N810 it doesn't occupy screen space, which at the end of the day for me does make a big difference), I think the real drawing point for me for the 810 would be the screen. Yea, the USB connector is more of a pain, but I can live with that mini-micro adapter cable that fits in my pocket. The SD card thing is a pain, but it depends where I am and what I'm doing. The webcam thing is terrible, I completely agree on that point... as one of the most awesomely defining things about my N800 is making a video call and turning the camera around to show people where I am or what's happening. But with all those things... not being able to see my N800 in daylight is a real pain... is it worth the trade off for everything else at the original $400-$500 price tag.. heck no... but when you're talking $200 range, it's a lot easier to justify. I think the big point here is to remember that for a lot of people the N810 isn't a replacement for the N800... it's just a second tablet for a different purpose. From Nokia's point of view it never was a replacement... I seriously doubt the marketing guys were all sitting there saying "Everyone who bought an N800 will now toss it out and buy an N810 instead!"... it was more just a way of continuing the same product line while trying out a new feature set.