View Single Post
Posts: 273 | Thanked: 104 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Manitoba, Canada
Originally Posted by chemist View Post
please consider setting up a solution for the programs you know (feature rich or not, each idea one solution please), provide information on what is what, is it GTK or Qt and maybe a feature list! I will edit my solutions to get some more detail into them too.
Well, I am lousy at trying to describe other people's apps, especially in the 'technical' sense of the underlying development/infrastructure, but I have added 'KStars' and my own humble creations...

what are "your" programs like?
My impression is that you didn't own the N8xx series, so didn't get a chance to try them out yourself, and instead were fortunate to leap directly to the amazing N900?

Well, it makes me a bit nervous to be chirping too much about my apps/applets in the N900 context, since I have had no opportunity to do anything about them on that platform. Nevertheless, rather than starting totally 'from scratch', I wonder how easy it would be to make them run on the N900 (?).

I wrote one astro app (MEphemeris), and two applets (MChronos and MOrrery). All of them depend on the amazing PyEphem python libraries written by Brandon Rhodes. My own stuff is Python/GTK stuff. There are old threads for this stuff, mentioned on the brainstorm page that I just added to. I did not include MOrrery, since I don't think that is included in the brainstorm

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to darethehair For This Useful Post: