View Single Post
Posts: 249 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ United Kingdom
Originally Posted by fcrochik View Post
I just uploaded to the repository MobWebMail - Gmail.

The description of the package reads:
First class Gmail browsing on your Phone. This is a web browser optimized for one task: browse your Gmail account using your touch screen device. MobWebMail supports Screen auto-rotation, full-screen view, different zoom levels and downloading attachments. On the top of a very simple interface it allows the user to switch between gmail accounts/sessions with one click.

For people that know my other package macuco, the main differences are:
  • MobWebMail only allows to browse gmail
  • MobWebMail allows you to access multiple gmail accounts by keeping separate sessions with distinct set of cookies. You can switch between them with two clicks.
  • MobWebMail allows to download attachments
  • MobWebMail shows an indicator any time the browser is requesting more data from the server (not just while loading the first page like macuco).
  • MobWebMail does not use the standard Maemo UI (menus, task bar, close button, ...)

This is the link to the package page (but it is not ready yet).

p.s. MobWebMail is also available for the Symbian platform in the Ovi store.
You are the best. This is one awesome application. I've always wondered why the default email client couldn't look like this.

Will there be a future option to maximize or (in window) view?
My Nokia N900 is my website, still up an running for the Maemo community. My Nokia N900 is upgraded to 21.2011.38-1Tmaemo1.1 ~ CSSU ready ~ Overclocked ~ Speed patched ~ Swappolube ~ was running 7 desktops ~ 270 apps and counting ~ Multi-Boot with Standard Kernel , Kernel Power 2.6.28.10power47 and NITDroid N12 "UMay".