View Single Post
Originally Posted by LouisDK View Post
Anybody who knows what "dhd build" means?
If you don't know then its probably not for you

dhd = droid-hal-device, its a package that we build that contains device specific stuff.

But really, if you aren't reasonably familiar with the HADK process then its probably not worth attempting at the moment, we have some early testers helping sledges get the instructions right so im sure someone will be posting images soon enough.

EDIT:
Originally Posted by pacman View Post
Maybe this means that the DRM keys will survive the flashing to SFOS, and will still be there if re-flashed to Android? I'm also guessing that implementing Sony's software enhancements to the camera in a future release of SFOS X will depend on access to those keys from SFOS, if not directly, then from some binary blob from Sony. Like you I have an Xperia X waiting for the release, but bought second-hand so already on Android 7. I'm going to hold off on downgrading to Android 6 and extracting the DRM keys until I know whether it is really going to be necessary.
For the 100th time, the DRM keys are wiped when you unlock the bootloader, which is step 1 on flashing anything at all to the device. They will be permanently wiped.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to r0kk3rz For This Useful Post: