View Single Post
Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
...what are the benefits of Android to YOU then? Please elaborate.

(And you can quote me: yes, i think most people are somewhat inept sheep with no interest into delving deeper technically, that use what their colleagues/friends/marketing overlords use/suggest/promote. Flashy over substantial. Simplicity for the Masses. "App" buckets for such remotely controlled, pure consumers.)

EDIT: Btw, I would not necessarily call someone an IT "Professional" if he/she sports an iDevice. Seen too many over the last 10 yrs; flashy but unsubstantial.

EDIT 2: ...the more i read the word "APP(s)" i want to vomit, or strangle someone on the streets.

EDIT 3: Did you never wonder why most people to some degree strictly adhere to what they are presented with in real life each and every week, instead of trying to (at least partly) "roll their own", which should fit them much better and their personal lifestyle?

Because, "they" are lazy*, uninterested ("it's too complicated", "it works for my friends/colleagues too", "it's not worth the effort, when i can have what's available"), because they like living a template life that to a huuuge degree is shaped by marketing, well-known multi-national corporations, their government, the people they associate with, etc. People often do even look alike in clothing, hairstyle, and other stuff like their silly body modifications! They even listen to similar/the same music or like the same kind of (popular) movies!

OMFG - we, that we really know what's all "out there", that we like to research, to compare, to evaluate, to learn, to decide by ourself, and that we "do it our way", we must be total socially inept, crazy f*ckers according to you!

People are (proven) copycats by nature. Most people could be even exchanged to some degree. Just _one_ reason why people choose too what other people have chosen, for electronics and other stuff in life.

* (we all are, to some degree - i, f.e., am way too lazy to order my receipts, papers, bills etc. - a relatively paperless home & office should be a true heaven for me!)

Last edited by don_falcone; 2012-02-02 at 18:22.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post: