View Single Post
The segfault problem when it's running is normal, as it actually puts the Mac OS in the actual address it allocates. If the Mac OS tries to access hardware directly, most parts are patched (BasiliskII doesn't emulate the hardware, it patches the Mac OS to make it think the hardware is there, and grabs the values from the driver).

And I spent an entire day hacking the other one up to make it go (it involved grabbing bits from the GP2x version).

This one seems to be working OK. I got somewhere into hildonizing the last one.

There was a discussion on the maemo mailing lists about how to get the icon to show up for some X apps, and it involved creating a .desktop file specifying the wm class.

/usr/share/applications/hildon/basiliskii.desktop
Code:
[Desktop Entry]                                                                                                                                                       
Name=BasiliskII                                                                                                                                                       
StartupWMClass=BasiliskII
Works alright. It now has an icon in the task manager and can be minimized, put into the background etc without losing it.

Also, the biggest screen size you can have in non fullscreen is 720x420 pixels (win/720/420).

As for the non-behaving configuration, I'll write my own. The stock one isn't terribly useful anyway.

Last edited by t3h; 2008-02-10 at 05:12.

The Following User Says Thank You to t3h For This Useful Post: