View Single Post
Posts: 66 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Originally Posted by endsormeans View Post
Ummm...
I dunno there man...
you seem to be kinda contradicting yourself...

"If I wanted an Android device, I would buy an Android device.."

..." I don't like Android at all, it has this horrible lag...The UI is rather hideous and horrid looking..."

"Now, if we could get Android apps on Maemo.."

"IMHO. iOS really has a better GUI IMHO..."
How am I contradicting myself? All I am saying is that I don't like Android, and if i wanted to buy one I would buy an android device. What I meant is that if we run any Linux based system, how will we get apps for it? Unless it runs like a desktop system, in which case we won't have the Facebook, Skype, etc... integration into the phone like we do with Maemo which is kind of important for me. It's a little off topic but my main problem with Android is the GUI and the lag, more than anything. This is one of the fundamental reasons I use Maemo, it's the best OS ever made. I just wish we could port it to use Android or iOS apps without having to run either of those OS (Kind of like blackberry did with OS10). Sure dual booting is an option, but what would be the point then?

My other concern was that even though the Neo900 has more ram than the N900.. I overclock my N900 to run at 1150mhz, so technically it's a faster speed than the 1GHZ processor on the Neo900 (unless we can overclock that even more)... Although the ram does matter a lot...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BaronKatz For This Useful Post: