Thread: PHS8 modem
View Single Post
Posts: 257 | Thanked: 2,053 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by sulu View Post
fso-frameworkd is installed but I had indeed no config.
I saved the file in /etc (and in /etc//om-gta02 as the link suggests) and rebooted the VM.
But according to strace neither the deamon nor the UI applications try to read the config file.

It seems like phoneuid needs quite a while until it accepts connections from the UI applications. If I start one within 30 seconds after starting the deamon I still get the timeout. If I wait two minutes phoneui-quick-settings comes up and I can switch the autodimming slider. However, after another two minutes this window is unresponsive and I get timeouts again when starting new UI applications (for example from the dialer).
I don't see a pattern.
Do you have fsodeviced and fsousaged installed? Are they running?

Autodim and autosuspend sliders use them both, so they might act badly if they're missing.

This software was developed for SHR distro and distro-wise it's easier to ensure that everything needed is in place. Also, libphone-ui-shr isn't the most beautiful piece of code on Earth... I'm planning to rewrite it in some spare time, but there's already a lot of entries on my todo list :c

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dos1 For This Useful Post: