View Single Post
Hi maemo-talk,

as this is my first post because I very recently bought my own n900, I firstly want to say hello to everybody!

First about my setup: I flashed my n900 with the pwnphone image and downloaded some additional apps I liked from the repos. Everything went fine so far.

Very recently I got some alerts, that messages can neither be sent, nor received, because I am running low on internal memory. I checked my rootfs and found out, that it only has 22 mb left on it (a query on a search engine revealed, that this appears to be a very common problem which evolves from the small root-partition with very fast access to speed up the phone....)

So far so good.

But now, I don't receive these messages anymore but instead am completely refused to do some changes on my phone:
  • I cannot delete messages from my sms inbox
  • I cannot change my tracker cfg (pressing "save" will do nothing)
  • I cannot install updates on any app or the OS (message is - of course - about a low memory state)

Most recently, I even can't use aptitude anymore (it says "unable to write to /var/cache/apt", no matter which operation I try to perform with apt-get...)

I know, what most of you would advise in the first place. "Reflash everything and there you go.."
But this is against my nature as I developed a real weakness for debugging and I surely won't be satisfied until I get the cause (I could end up with the exact same problem after the reflash anyways - I bought the phone three days ago..)

TL;DR:
Are there any known bugs about some syspaths being locked as soon as there is few space left? Any other possible origins for the trouble I am encountering?
Is there another advice on getting the rootfs-problem out of the world (I tried moveroot.sh, but with almost no success: 300kb were freed)

Thank you so much in advance, guys!
best regards

Last edited by printf_this; 2012-05-07 at 11:17. Reason: typo

The Following User Says Thank You to printf_this For This Useful Post: