View Single Post
Posts: 658 | Thanked: 777 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Norway
NOTE this is based on my use of the SGS2, which is like Note only... slightly worse specced... So may or may very well not be useful.

SGS2 is better to type with since it has Swiftkey X from Market. I assume Note will be the same as it also has Swiftkey X.

Browsing on SGS2 was much better, both stock browser and Dolphin HD from Market. Note cant do this worse than the SGS2. It also supports flash, etc. I used my SGS2 to do things the N9 cant even consider doing. Unlike the N9, the Samsung phone browser and Dolphin HD lets you interact with the text within textboxes (replying to forums like I am now for instance), scrollable pop-up lists, etc. on websites. It also, IIRC, loaded webpages faster than the N9. This was probably due to the HSDPA+ connection though.

IM was... allright, iirc. Never used it much. Its easier to use on the N9, as its just integrated smoothly with your contacts and messages.

Mail... Not sure, not a heavy mail user. For me, who only uses a hotmail account and a gmail account, the N9 does a great job. Simple to use, very easy to add several recipients and several attatchments.

Video playing on the SGS2 was very very good. As good a screen as the N9 for sure, if not slightly better. Bigger screen too. Especially on the Note.

Multitasking on Android in general is horribly difficult imo. You could probably do something to access running programs faster, but heres how Ive always done it on SGS2:

Youre in an app. You want to close it completely and move to another app you have running. You longpress the Main key, press "task switcher", click "exit" on your current app, and click on the app you want to enter.

On the N9 you swipe from the top of the device and click on the app you want to enter.

This is insanely different. It makes multitasking so easy its not even compareable. I used to stick to completing a single task on Android because the multitasking was horrible. Id finish what i was doing, then go do what else i wanted to do. On the N9 I just fire up something, then while it loads i go start up something else, change back and diddle, etc.

Music... meh I really dont know. Not a huge fan of blocking one of my sense when Im outside walking. But Android has tons of music players and apps concerning audio. N9 doesnt.

As for general ease of use... Id have to go with N9, really.

Sorry if none of this was any help.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to slai For This Useful Post: