View Single Post
Originally Posted by TheKit View Post
Uploaded a new build with SailfishOS 2.1.3.7: http://sfos.scanf.su/addison/sailfis...1.3.7-test.zip. It's still LineageOS 13 based, so there are no changes in terms of hardware support.

I'm currently trying to update to LineageOS 14.1 base, as it has official support for the device, compared to LOS13 and there likely going to be less bugs from Android side.
Thanks TheKit for the update! I installed it, here are my current remarks:

- Camera occasionally bugs/doesn't start
- Disabling second (unavailable) sim crashes the first SIM. This took a long time to figure out. After reverting to 2.1.0, I noticed what went wrong, and then went back to 2.1.3. I also have this on 2.1.0 thus.
- Some graphical elements -- unsure which ones -- render black. Tab previews in the browser are among them, and some images in quickddit and the Twitter event view.
- Bluetooth seems more stable/less buggy, but I don't have my hands on my speaker atm to test.
- No OTA updates, but I heard progress is made there! This means you HAVE to backup and restore. And preferably, also backup your home directory, as application data is not always covered by the system backup.

Due to few regressions and a lot of new features, I'm staying on this release. Thanks TheKit! :-)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rubdos For This Useful Post: