View Single Post
Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by thefoxtrot View Post
Thanks for the reply
But DEFINITELY about the PC thing. I for sure have that bug. I have put my entire phone in the fridge once after tethering for like .5 hours lol I put the battery on my cheek and needed to remove it very quickly. Is this bug getting fixed?
Yes? Supposedly it's in a future release, and may or may not be in PR1.2 according to the bug in the tracker. (Not everything had been marked for 1.2 yet last I looked.)

One thing I hate to suggest, but another possibility is that if you let it run that hot once before you may have damaged the battery. Once a battery passes a certain heat level it can change chemically. The result may be that it's generating heat quicker now than normal, accelerating it's own demise. Can you tell if it's the battery or the system doing it? They're so close together it may not be possible by touch to tell...

One thing you may want to try is to load up titan's overclock kernel, not for the over clock, but for other features. (The default is to use Nokia's standard clock settings, so despite it being an "overclock kernel", it doesn't overclock until you tell it to.) With the new kernel/moduels you can ask the battery for it's temperature separately and monitor it with a script pretty easily. You can also lower the voltage used, even for the standard frequencies, which should run the whole system cooler in any case.

The Following User Says Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post: