View Single Post
Posts: 455 | Thanked: 782 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by Elleo View Post
Well I can only go on reports from N9 users, but a number of people have complained about it being unable to recognise songs which are reliably detected on an N950. And with the propensity of store users to give bad reviews I'd like it to be as reliable as it can be before unleashing it upon them .
That's why I advocated a long time ago for the Ovi/Nokia Store to have an 'experimental / adventurer' mode where devs could publish their WiP apps for the wider testing audience, and then when it is properly tested just to move it to a regular category visible to the faint hearted as well. That way developers would gain a huge mindshare for testing their apps while not risking initial negative rating. Then even the Nokia Beta Labs could publish their apps there instead of the need of a separate account and completely different setup presently required for the ones that are interested in upcoming things and living on the bleeding edge.

In fact, even beta FW updates could be distributed that way, ensuring much wider testing audience which will willingly take all the risks on themselves.

Alas, it was not to be...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zwer For This Useful Post: