View Single Post
Originally Posted by steven676 View Post
I'm pleased to announce version 2.1 of browser-proxy, a script which lets you use Tear (or other alternative browsers) as the default browser on Maemo devices. With xiojason's agreement, I'll be taking over as the primary maintainer from now on; many thanks to him for his work on this so far!
This is very exciting!

Originally Posted by steven676 View Post
A configuration UI; it looks like if we want a control panel applet, it's going to have to be written in C? Thoughts? Comments on what it should look like?
Integration with the Control Panel would be slick. This kind of functionality seems like a natural fit there. But I think it would be perfectly acceptable to have a simple Python app. Either way, the GUI will be key to giving the functionality a wide audience.

BTW, if you're still undecided on a name, another possibility if you're interested in going the "dry but self-explanatory" route, occurred to me: Set Default Browser.