View Single Post
I started to have this weird problem with my proximity sensor - when the proximity sensor activates, the screen turns off (normal) but when the proximity sensor deactivates, the screen will refuse to go back to high-powered mode. For example, someone will call me, I'll answer the call, put the phone to my ear, but when I take the phone away from my ear, then the screen is blank. I can press the lock key to make the low-power screen appear. The phone will seen ring and the missed call logo will appear on the low-power screen, but I cannot answer the call.

I know the high-powered screen works because I'm using it right now to post this message, and because I can lock the phone and immediately unlock it (i.e. without putting it in my pocket). I know the proximity sensor detects being out of the pocket because I can lock the phone, leave it on my desk and keep the clock showing up. I know the proximity sensor can detect being out of my pocket because the low-power screen will show. But for some reason the high-powered screen cannot reactivate after the proximity sensor has been activated, until I reboot the phone.

Any ideas? I'm going to reflash the phone when I get home otherwise and see if that fixes it, because even though this is ostensibly a hardware problem, it feels like a software problem.

Any ideas? I'm going to refresh

Last edited by solatic; 2012-04-03 at 01:08.