View Single Post
Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
Originally Posted by quingu View Post
You should check out the program called tracker-config. It not only lets you set all these parameters manually (thus making tracker actually, y'know, bearable), but it also helps on understanding how it works.
Thanks. I actually mentioned it by name in my post.

It is handy but i uninstalled it when i realized that the default configuration file is actually commented clearly and tracker-cfg is just a wrapper for a single user config file. It is nice to have the options to rebuild database &tc right in the app, but that's also easy to do manually.

Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
Tracker is all open source, so you can check out exactly what's being done from the code (the manual pages are the best place to start). According to the trackerd manual page, all three groups automatically include all (non-hidden) subdirectories.
Thanks Rob1n. I hear so many complaints about tracker i just assumed it was one of the closed bits of maemo. It does seem unduly hard to set it up to behave as desired, so i'll check out the manual.

One thing you can change that will have very apparent results is increase the throttle. If it's around 10 the slowdown will be much less noticeable.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flandry For This Useful Post: