View Single Post
Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
I voted as a qualified maybe, so here's a quote, then my comment:

Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
This is what i think and feel about MeeGo and its news of on this forum ok. [...] What i DO object to is the way [some people] keep coming on here ramming down everyones throats how good MeeGo is
I shockingly (and probably for the first time ever) agree with abill on this topic. I love the idea of MeeGo, and encourage people to post information about it in the forum(s). I'd love to see it succeed, and I read the MeeGo sub-forum occasionally to stay current, see screen shots, videos, etc.

That said, there has been a core of people whom, out of excitement for the project or for more personal reasons, have been hyping it as the cure for all ills of the N900. That's not good when it's done for any particular sub-group, be that NIT, Bada, MeeGo, oFono, QtMoko, or even CSSU.

Talking about something in context on occasion is fine. Mentioning someone has old info, with a link to where to find current info, fine. Providing current information about the state of things (which one member who has since left did), very informative and fine. High-jacking a thread in another sub-forum, on another topic (even one with a mis-guided topic/poll ) and debating over 30+ posts with the thread OP over a difference of opinion is a bit over the line though.

I'm frankly surprised that infraction points weren't given to everyone involved for that, vs just the OP. I think in any other thread, there would have been a few people with a day or two of "down time". (How many have gotten infraction points on this thread for simply disagreeing with the op so far?)

So, yes, discuss it. Yes, talk about it. But please don't keep insisting it's super-wonderful and better than anything else available in every thread where it's even slightly mentioned.

The Following User Says Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post: