View Single Post
Originally Posted by Thesandlord View Post
This is already possible, over TCP/IP though (aka slow). There are two software for windows that does this, ZoneOS ZoneScreen (free) and MaxiVista (shareware). I have only used ZoneOS, but I have heard MaxiVista is better. This does not work (well) under Vista, because of vista's crappy WDDM video driver stuff., but it works well under 2000 and XP. All it does is install a virtual video card, then you run a VNC server, and "stream" the screen to your tablet's VNC client. There are ways to do this under Mac and Linux as well, use Google!

Thats true, but I am just saying that 3rd party apps are part of the "mainstream." If your PC did not have 3rd party apps, it would be slightly pointless. The amount of learning I had to do for my tablet is not something an "average" person would want to do, or at least I feel that way.
Thanks for the info. Though I definitely mean something more user friendly and more of a direct connection via USB. For example my work setup puts me in separate domains between wired and wireless network access and one cannot see the other.

It does work though... refresh rate needs to improve but most of what I am looking at is relatively static so a slow update isn't an issue.