View Single Post
Hi all maemo-users,

I would like to ask for help. I'm "old-new" owner of n900. I bought one with SW problem and decided to repair it.

What's the problem?
After I charge battery externaly, put it to device, power on, only the NOKIA word shown, but cannot boot. I don't see Maemo loader (four or five points looping until the OS is loaded).

So, I start with downloading newest VANILLA and FIASCO. Install flasher-3.5 on Win 7 64 bit (with usblibs - PC see the N900 good - in Update Mode), also on Virtual Ubuntu 10. Firstly I try flash VANILLA, with no error it try to reboot after flashing it. I put the battery outside and back and continue flash FIASCO. Also it wrote no error, all done.

BUT! The problem with booting is still the same. Cannot see the Maemo Loader Looping Points. Only NOKIA is shown, after a few minutes it shut down.

I try the INITRD, can access the console mode (without display backlight) on N900 where I can select Repair Terminal, USB Network Mode (after selection it's PC Suite), Storage Mode and other.

I realy don't know which part is defective. What's the problem when the phone only word NOKIA show and than wont BOOT? What's the solution, please?

Many thanks to all who help me in any way!

The Following User Says Thank You to Jackeye For This Useful Post: