View Single Post
Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
Well, me and a friend ended up ordering one Ainol Aurora 1 each. Purchased it from Spemall, so we'll see how that goes. If their S&H times are correctly stated(we picked their quickest shipping option), we should have them by the end of the next week. But, I'm guessing we'll get them the week after that.

UPDATE:
As of 1st of may nothing have happened with our order yet. Not sure if there's any holiday on the 1st of may over in china? From what I gathered off of the Spemall "Review" page(more like Q&A) beneath all the photos, they should be shipping them about now. There seems to be a good reason for the brief delay though: They've just received new stock.
Difference being that these have LG branded IPS screens which supposedly is better compared to the older ones(manufactured by "HITECH"). Edit: It was manufactured by Hitachi.

UPDATE2:
After said friend contacted them regarding shipment they said that they were already shipped and after that provided the tracking number. From what I've read on the internet we're not the only ones to get the tracking number after asking them about it.
Also, they actually weren't shipped; it seems like they created the shipping order and then sent the tracking number, and after that *hopefully* packs and ship the order. If Spemall and DHL isn't brutally slow and ship the tablets Monday we might have them by Friday. I'm guessing only time will tell.

UPDATE3:
The package leaved Hong Kong sometime during last night. Can't wait.

UPDATE4:
Approx. 16 hours ago the package appeared in Germany. Might be receiving the tablets on Monday or perhaps Tuesday.

UPDATE:
And it's now in Sweden, and at that actually pretty close to us. Expecting delivery today.
(On a sidenote, I'm also expecting an Ultrabook to turn up today as well - it's like early christmas)

UPDATE:
Well, guess I expected too much. My friend signed for the package, and shortly thereafter noticed they only shipped 1 tablet - after waiting almost 2 weeks despite paying for the most expensive shipping option available. On the upside, at least DHL is very quick - 3 days from Hong Kong to Sweden.

The package might be stuck in customs though, in case they shipped the tablets in two separate packages. The tablet he received cleared customs merely 6:30 hours ago so in worst case the other package(which we then wouldn't have the tracking number for) might still be stuck. Also, we got to pay VAT for at least one of them, about $43. That's to be expected, I guess.

Last edited by ToJa92; 2012-05-07 at 11:31.

The Following User Says Thank You to ToJa92 For This Useful Post: