View Single Post
Posts: 43 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Sweden
Greetings..

I've used Txpad quite a bit since my last post, and it's still my favourite code editor. The interface is very nice and the proximity sensor menu is wonderfully useful and speeds things up a lot.

I have yet to try out the features to run scripts, mainly because I'm use to compile and run the program in xterm in a seperate task.

I can also mention that I've also written some stuff from scratch on the machine and it works quite well, considering that you can switch between tabs and stuff.

Having read the above comments, I really glad to see that TxPad is still is development. In addition to the features mentioned by demolition, I have a few wishes (and one bug fix) that would make TxPad even more great:

1. Add color profiles so that you can easily switch between two or more user-defined color schemes. I normally prefer a dark scheme but due to syntax highlighting I need to switch sometimes.

2. Fix the following task switch bug: In TxPad, Ctrl+Backspace to switch to task manager. Switching back to Txpad and pressing a key causes the Ctrl+[Key] event to be triggered, for instance pressing 'a' produces Ctrl-a marking the whole text. In other words, the Ctrl-button seem to still be in the buffer when returning to TxPad -- a focus issue that was mentioned above?

3. Improve the syntax highlighting of C/C++ style languages, adding highlighting in different colors (at the moment just bold/not bold).

4. Option to specify the tab size (currently fixed at 8 spaces).

Many thanks again for a great program. For the N900 in general, It will be a long time before I throw this puppy away, although I'd love to get my hands on one of them N950's that you got.

/sowwhatyoureap

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sowwhatyoureap For This Useful Post: