View Single Post
I'm trying to get this thing to compile and it's not working at all. I don't know how the hell to configure this dev environment... it gives weird errors for no apparent reason and doesn't attempt to tell me how to fix it. It's now complaining that python2.5 is "too old" because it thinks it's older than 2.2. WTF? I tried to use "sb-menu" to configure things but I don't understand half the questions it's asking me... what the hell is a rootstrap? What's the difference between a host compile and a cross compile? Why are there so many different choices in the menus when I only need two (compile for emulator/compile for device)? Why is this dev environment so damn complicated?

Since no one else is willing to compile a new version of mypaint, can someone please at least tell me exactly, step-by-step, how to configure this to compile an installable package for the tablet, starting with what options I should be selecting in "sb-menu".

I may sound like a newbie at this kind of thing, but I really am not... I've developed software on dozens of different platforms, operating systems and architectures over the past 15 years (including several different ARM based devices), and not one of those development environments has ever been nearly as convoluted as this one.

/end rant (sorry)

The Following User Says Thank You to Johnathan For This Useful Post: