View Single Post
Originally Posted by abyzthomas View Post
Gnome 3.20.
Come on openSUSE, really? In a month, GNOME 3.26 will be stable. That's 1,5 years of new (and very useful) features and bugfixes missing, and it's only the first day of its 9 month lifespan! Unlike KDE, GNOME itself has no LTS releases, so by not including 3.24 they've made a huge mistake. Just like last time, and the one before. And people claim openSUSE is not a KDE-centric distro... I know there are community repositories that provide up to date versions of the DEs, but those always end up causing trouble eventually.

I wanted to put openSUSE on my new computer again after it miraculously failed to install (with an undescribable bug that never manifested itself twice in the same way) last time I tried, which was back in September, but Leap is now majorly out of date and Tumbleweed, being rolling, has far too many package updates to keep up. I mean, Fedora works fine, but there's something about openSUSE that makes it nicer to use, even though I'm using (nearly) all the same packages. If only they would pay some more attention to GNOME users' needs (Leap 42.1 was even completely unusable because of a huge bug [with a fix that couldn't be backported] in GNOME Shell where just a couple incoming notifications would freeze the whole computer).

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post: