View Single Post
Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
Community TODO and known issues:
  • There's a known bug with media player and games that have sound. Don't play music with media player while playing prboom. This was supposedly fixed in PR1.2
  • No game music playback is implemented. Sorry about that. I will have a look at this again soon.
  • Switching to fullscreen isn't useful right now. I have i fix in place for the next version.
  • The game goes into a demo mode after a few seconds and you have to press "Backspace" to open the menu and start the game. While this is basically standard Doom behavior, it has caused some confusion so a more intuitive way to start a game has been requested.
  • I have encountered some choppiness in audio once.
  • The mapping of the "Next weapon" key to something less easy to hit accidentally has been requested. I'm open to suggestions on what key to use.
  • A WAD switcher has been requested, but isn't planned. Depending on demand it might happen sometime. This would replace the partially broken ability to specify wads in the game menu (numbers don't work)
  • Accelerometer control was basically demanded in the comments section. My experience with accelerometer as a directional control for games is that it is not very useful, but i am considering adding a "shake to shoot" control. If you like (or don't) that idea, please comment on it. Provided by accelemymote
  • Vibration feedback when taking damage (Requested here). Again, please post to state your interest if you want to see this.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

Last edited by Flandry; 2010-07-08 at 13:38. Reason: Accelemymote and another request