View Single Post
Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by Oberon85 View Post
I, on the other hand, do carry massive amounts of books, and would love it if fbreader would actually read the folders it looks into. Having to add each book individually is a pita.
It's not that bad, you only have to do it once. Besides, I've found that FBReader, left on its own, isn't very smart in importing the book metadata anyway, editing is almost always necessary.

The weirdest thing IMO is that FBReader does less well in displaying FB2 files than it does PDBs: The formar almost invariably will have "box" characters for some or other quotation or accent, while PDBs display flawlessly (granted, a lot of my ebooks are un-DRMed and converted LITs, but still...). It's not a problem, I've learned to always convert to PDB, but it's rather funny, as FB2 is supposed to be more "native" to FBReader than Palm/Aportis.