View Single Post
Posts: 96 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ India
Originally Posted by SPARTAN563 View Post
Not a problem, as it turns out it may yet be of use to me. As far as I can see as well there aren't any eavesdropping methods in any of the bindings, but I am also going along with the dbus_bus_add_match method and dbus_connection_add_filter to process what it spits out. Like I said though, Qt doesn't seem to like it all that much

For A, darn well I guess it was worth a try I'll do a bit of snooping myself to see if anything but from the 1 other app I tried launching (one of my own which doesn't have any DBus services) it appears that it does get triggered... If that is the case then it could come in handy for reducing drain on the battery

As for B, excellent that will be extremely helpful

Okay, I have some exceptional news, I have managed to get libdbus working in Qt and have subsequently managed to get it to properly snoop the top_application method calls. So now all that is required is for me to write the parsing code for those (or more correctly, the verification code) and then we are in business.

Have also updated the first page to take this into account as it means we will no longer have to modify .service or .desktop files for the application to work.
Wow..its great to know the project is progressing quite fast. Its hardly 4 days since I requested for an app like this and its already coming up. You're one of the better developers out here and its developers like you who give me and the others here one more reason to stick to our N900s!

Wish I could help, but I'm not so good in coding. I used to code in C & C++ once but since I'm caught up my Management course now, I hardly get a chance to come back to programming. Have to brush up my skiils some day.

Patiently awaiting a release.
Cheers!

The Following User Says Thank You to warhawk007 For This Useful Post: