View Single Post
Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by steve4130 View Post
1. I know that everything is in landscape except for the phone functions, but what about when viewing photos? If I have a portrait picture will that display as a tiny picture in landscape orientation, or will it fill the screen in portrait orientation? Or, better yet, does the accelerometer work when viewing photos?
It uses the accelerometer to know the orientation of the device when you take the photo, and the photo viewer also uses the accelerometer to show the picture the right way up for whichever way you hold the device. So, if you take a picture in portrait, and view it in landscape; it'll be small. Turn the device and it'll fill the screen.

2. And, sticking with the picture viewing, how do you zoom into and out of photos when viewing them? I'm guessing the volume rocker?
That's the only mechanism I've seen.

3.. Is there a voice recorder app as on Nokias S60 handsets?
Not in the image I've seen (apart from video). Would be trivial for someone to write, though.

4. When capturing video, presumably its fixed focus, but is the focus set for nearby objects (the same as the N95 for example) or for further away (the same as the N97)?
It seemed to do the same half-press-to-focus trick that you'd expect from an auto-focus camera. However, I'm not sure.

I do have a few more questions (such as MSN integration)
Collabora and zerojay are working on additional Telepathy protocols, such as Facebook Chat, MSN, IRC etc. etc.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post: