View Single Post
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by Captwheeto View Post
Relating to the framebuffer... would it be possible to get the scrolling booting text instead of the nokia logos and dots splash?
Oh also: you can have scrolling booting text right now, just modprobe the fbcon module early in the boot of the kernel in question. See the other pali thread, "kernel-power patches/updates", for explanations on how. (The edit bootmenu.sh way will work when you boot with keyboard out, the edit preinit way works regardless of keyboard state, so just a matter of what you want.)

Also, I must say, while the bootmenu.sh way is still not fully within my aesthetic (I like the console running on all boots, keyboard in too; though I'll be honest, I can see why most people would want it optionally activated only on keyboard open, and I myself am unsure if I'm ultimately going to settle on the bootmenu.sh or preinit approach), knowing that I can safely experiment with code in bootmenu.sh is wonderful - makes it so much easier to figure out how to give myself a command-line at early boot while knowing that my N900 won't need to be reflashed if I mess up, as I can just boot normally with keyboard out. Definitely safer than editing /sbin/preinit.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post: