View Single Post
Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by soeiro View Post
Please don't vote against it. If you don't care about all the missing features just let it go.
You can very easily do it yourself on the device. I think the ability to still do that and choose whatever filesystem you want is MUCH MORE IMPORTANT than Nokia changing something that works pretty well _right now_.

Originally Posted by soeiro View Post
<list>
I can do most of these now, in the 2GiB ext3 partition and the 256 MiB OneNAND. And if the sizes worry you, you can repartition, which works _better_ than the loop file. And you don't get to confuse users when they ask where their 32 GiB are.

Anyway, what is been proposed here is NOT an one or zero solution. You would not lose MyDocs (I, to be sure, would love to get rid of that). You can still use it, it can still grow to 22GB or even more than that. It would still be exported. It could still be mounted noexec. Whatever.
Again, what's the difference between a 25GiB MyDocs file in a 27GiB ext3 partition and a 25GiB MyDocs partition with a 2 GiB ext3 partition?
So far, I only see "No need to e2resizefs", which is something I could consider a point if it weren't because a user like you would usually just shrink the MyDocs partition to 2GIB and then enlarge the ext3 partition ONCE and be done with it.

The idea is that for those that care, we could have a better partitioning scheme.
You aren't free to do that now?