Thread: [SailfishOS] SMPC - MusicPD (MPD) Client
View Single Post
Thanks djselbeck, SMPC is awesome

Now all we (well, I) need is mpd running on my jolla!

Some suggestions:

1. Connecting to multiple servers at once? Maybe multiple instances? Taking this further it would be amazing to be able to automatically link tracks that are on multiple servers and have an option to play on all servers at the same time, or maybe even an option to automatically play / pause the relevant server when entering / leaving the room. Maybe track based on relative wifi signal strengths, bluetooth connections etc? Probably better as a tasker/llama integration ... so write tasker/llama for sailfish first

2. Maybe provide an add server link (or pulley menu) on the connect screen (I went there first, settings was my second guess).

3. Ability to automatically (or easily) add a connection to a local MPD. Better yet if there's a link somewhere to install a local mpd and add the connection to it! So yeah, port mpd over for me, cheers.

4. Add a cancellable grace period progress bar thingy before auto-switching to the playlist (the auto-switch is a nice feature but it's possible you tap the screen as it's switching intending to choose a menu option only to end up changing track).

5. On artists / albums screens show those with album art first (possibly optional). More than half my albums don't have artwork so it all looks a bit ugly.

6. When there is an option to play / add track/album/albums and the track(s) are in the playlist already have an option to play from existing playlist position.

7. When viewing an album / artist there is an extra screen to the right for showing album / artist information. This screen is accessible even when there is no information available, leaving a blank screen. it would be better to either not have the screen in that case or show "no artist / album information could be found".

8. It would be nice to be able to slide a finger left / right over the collapsed now playing thing at the bottom of the screen to seek (only after moving finger a reasonable amount). Or maybe just allow swipe left over it to move forward to the now playing screen no matter where you are in the app?

9. Ability to fetch/view lyrics for a track.

10. Ability to re-arrange tracks in the playlist with press, hold and drag and/or a cut / copy and paste before/after action in the menu for each track. Same for albums.

11. Multiple selection (maybe by just tapping the track on the very left) to allow for bulk deletions / moves.

12. Ability to view tags for a track. Possibly also edit (if we have a local MPD).

Yeah, that's a lot I know. Just wanted to get these ideas out there rather than demand you do them!

Should I add these as issues to the github project?

Thanks again.