View Single Post
Posts: 275 | Thanked: 389 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sydney
Ok. I have finally done what I promised. I have uploaded this to extra-devel.

Description:
A dbus wrapper (event.d "daemon) around song metadata.
The metadata for the currently playing song in MAFW is spread through
several interfaces and signals. It is also lacking album art. This "daemon" processes these and presents a more sensible interface.

The main benefit of this will be quick-widgets and queen beecons. I can now have a player widget for the built-in media player and/or the OMP.

It should have minimal effect on battery usage an uses about 5MB of memory.

The methods are

Code:
dbus-send --print-reply --dest=com.marquarding.trackinfo / com.marquarding.trackinfo.GetArtistAlbumTitleArt

dbus-send --print-reply --dest=com.marquarding.trackinfo / com.marquarding.trackinfo.GetArtist

dbus-send --print-reply --dest=com.marquarding.trackinfo / com.marquarding.trackinfo.GetAlbum

dbus-send --print-reply --dest=com.marquarding.trackinfo / com.marquarding.trackinfo.GetTitle

dbus-send --print-reply --dest=com.marquarding.trackinfo / com.marquarding.trackinfo.GetArt

dbus-send --print-reply --dest=com.marquarding.trackinfo / com.marquarding.trackinfo.GetKeys

dbus-send --print-reply --dest=com.marquarding.trackinfo / com.marquarding.trackinfo.GetTrackNo

dbus-send --print-reply --dest=com.marquarding.trackinfo / com.marquarding.trackinfo.GetDuration

# get the above but by key name as is appears in the renderer
# metadata. This will return variants
dbus-send --print-reply --dest=com.marquarding.trackinfo / com.marquarding.trackinfo.GetByKey string:<key>
Thanks go to the author of mussorgsky for the album art access in python.

Source:

https://bitbucket.org/mmarquar/mafw-trackinfo

Last edited by GreatGonzo; 2011-04-22 at 05:37.

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to GreatGonzo For This Useful Post: