View Single Post
Originally Posted by JCH View Post
Yes, another media player topic.

1) The N900 shows many instances where the song is duplicated on the N900 (shows two copies of same song). On my lap top when I look the N900's folders under Audio clips, it shows only one copy of each of these songs. Why is it showing two copies on the N900?

2) On the N900 many of the album pictures are wrong. Album art from one album shows up as the picture for many other albums. Why is this?

I didn't read answers to these questions in other threads.

1) I'm not sure...

2) I think that if your files have the same (or begin with the same) album names, the phone mixes up the album pictures. The phone creates a temporary file that stores the images (similar to the thumbnail files in windows) in a special folder. If you later add a song that has a similar album name, the older image will be used. If you do a search, there are a few commands you can run to delete the temporary images stored on the phone and then another command to manually refresh the media player. However, I still couldn't fix my problem until I fixed the album names and then ran the commands to delete the older images and manually refreshed the media player.