Thread: GPD Pocket
View Single Post
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
In the absence of the proof to the contrary, I keep an open mind.
Moreover, in case of GPD, there is already a previous quality product in existence proving that they can deliver..
Wait, you took my comment in the absolutely wrong direction. Allow me to clarify and then let's see if you say the same thing - which, you very well may!

With that said, it's not about GPD in regards to their overall fit and finish. It's when people say that a company is a "techy" company and do not invest into proper marketing; I rarely see how that pays off in the long-term in regards to their fit, finish and quality. It doesn't mean that there aren't companies out there that do not produce quality equipment without the majority of their budget being used for marketing; I just find it more fitting whenever a company actually invests into the device more than the marketing.

And unfortunately, "techy" companies tend to not to do so well in that one regard. Counter examples do exist; but my experience with GPD has been minimal yet not entirely favorable.

My reassurance would come from a company that actually ensures that we receive a well designed, thought out product that's not too dependent on the stock and supply of an OEM/ODM that just wants to get a product out of the door as soon and as fast as possible.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: