View Single Post
Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Everyone added up to here. If you want, you can "publicize" your membership via the Github page (this basically means that you will be publicly shown as member) now.

If you have problems creating repositories, please post here (haven't tested it yet, but you should have the permissions to create repos).

Originally Posted by achilles333 View Post
Not to compare github or gitorious but meego code is available in gitorious, There might be contributions to meego code once CSSU for harmattan picks up. So I feel it would be better if the repositories are in gitorious. Otherwise devs need to learn how to use both gitorious & github. It's not too late now to re-visit the host location.
I'll be staying on Github, because the projects I host there have metadata in there (Issues, etc..) that I'd like to keep. Also, I like the Github interface and features more than the Gitorious one, and in my experience, Github has been more reliable (more responsive and more uptime) than Gitorious, but that's just my personal opinion and experience.

There's gitorious.org/harmattan, but it's not very used. Feel free to push your repositories there if you are on Gitorious and want to avoid Github. Similarly for Mercurial users (Bitbucket?) and others.

If you want to keep it simple, or don't have a strong preference, please use the Github "harmattan" organization

Originally Posted by Fuzzillogic View Post
As someone who just today put his project on Nokia Projects I ask: why github (or gitorious or bitbucket) and not Nokia Projects?
I've used Github before Nokia Project Hosting was available. Also, FN Projects has been "hacked" two times last year, but hopefully this won't happen to them again..

Anyway, feel free to use whatever you like - if you don't have a strong reason to use one or the other, please use Github's "harmattan" organization, so we have a single place to keep the repositories. If you don't use Git, please organize something similar for the version control system of your choice This is about making things simpler and easier to find, not to decide the "one true hosting site".. (hint: having everything in a central place also makes it easier to mirror all these projects somewhere else via a script)