View Single Post
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
From a "different barrel" - I'm looking for *broken* (well, it don't have to be broken, it's just that it doesn't matter if it's working, or not) N900, to use it as a helping body for Aluminum Body replacement project.

What I'm going to use it for, is testing body part's contact with motherboard (which have high risk of bending forces placed where they shouldn't be, due to dealing with early prototypes). I don't want to use "living" N900's motherboard for this - I once destroyed my main device charging chip, this way.

Motherboard (with all parts present, no matter if working or not) will do, but of course, whole device is even better (custom body replacement project is going to use screen module as-is, adopting it's slider mechanism) - I will be able to mix new and old parts together, checking, if they fit, without risking damaging anything.

Is there anyone, who could donate broken N900 for this project?

/Estel
I would gladly mail you my first n900, its half broken - you can't charge but you can use it if you put in a spare charged battery, the problem is it will eat the battery really fast.

The other problem is that shipping from my country to anywhere else might be a bit expensive.
Tell me your address so i can check the shipping price, if its something i can afford(the average pay here is 300 euro) i'll gladly ship it to you.

The Following User Says Thank You to Daneel For This Useful Post: