View Single Post
Originally Posted by jann View Post
grrr. the clips on the backcover of my otterbox case is like breaking from taking it off too much. lol....

looking forward for this and thank you
Bright side of replacement body - you put it there once, no need to remove again (until you want otterbox to protect your custom body, too).

Originally Posted by jann View Post
fry: shut up and take my money!!
Depending on how serious you are with it, please consider pre-ordering. More details via PM, if interested.
---

@all
Build-in antenna range tests (and improvements) inside alu body have started. For now, this is done in mockup quasi-body alu box, written entirely by hand in g-codes (=without added features, or even basic functions or polished shape, or...), but we're getting closer and closer every day.

Currently, I'm also trying to master FOSS combo of OpenSCAD + PyCAM, for projecting polished prototypes (and final result). Some time ago, few people asked for way of modelling this case - while CAD->CAM way of designing is really different from your regular 3D model production suite, people wanting to try their strengths by helping in modelling stage may look into pyCAM's accepted filetypes list (for full 3D model, not 2D engraving), and check possibility of modelling and saving results as required model file, by any 3D design tool of your choice.

Simply said, as long as it produces files accepted by pyCam, You're good to go. Just keep in mind, that machine (and pyCam) is 3-axis only - i.e. no "invisible hand" will turn object upside down on machine, when needed. Thus, external and internal side must be designed as at least 2 projects.

If you understand anything from what I've written above ;p and you got basic (or better) 3D moddeling skills, contributions to project are welcome

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post: