Thread: Necuno Mobile
View Single Post
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by endsormeans View Post
And the whole..."only big companies .." shtick ...
Concerning inability for small endeavours to come through without gofundme emptying my wallet
Is a big load of crap.
I assume you are referring to my post. Maybe I was trying to be too terse and did not express myself clearly enough. I was not implying the need for any funding. I was merely referring to this post of yours where you asked for, I quote,

Originally Posted by endsormeans View Post
when it is on the shelf,
has a repo with "enough" apps that are functional and competitive with the opposition,
an os that isn't half baked,
a support network that functions.
I maintain that no new product will ever come with all of the above included. Heck, even Android, today the most successful mobile OS under the sun, did not come with all of it included when it first came out.

A product need a certain critical mass of users to attract
a) 3rd party developers to provide "apps that are functional and competitive with the opposition";
b) lasting support by its own creator.

It takes a lot of money to maintain a product like a mobile OS. If it wasn't for early adopters who are willing to pay for "an OS that is half baked" and "a repo with not enough apps that are functional and competitive with the opposition", if everyone was waiting until all those things were sorted out, then what do you think would happen?

There are only two possibilities:
1) The company gives up;
2) The company finds a large investor who assumes the role of the missing early adopters at the price of the company losing its independence and the product losing its attractiveness to the very people who called for the product in the first place but were too cautious to back it.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post: