View Single Post
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by optimaxxx View Post
So, turns out I never even knew about thus bug. When an iPhone /lumia user sends us a text containing an emoji, our N9's **** bricks.

Which is not acceptable from my work phone, Iunderstand I'll have to change devices, but for the time being I've taken to monitoring syslog to see if Ireceive anything.

For me, the error message looks like:
Code:
Aug 14 14:58:56 (2014) cellular: csd[564]: SMS-lib .295745> utils_tpdu_data_parse(): Error decoding TPDUs. Discarding message
Simply searching syslog for "tpdu" works well to tell me when someone's done this, but is there any way to determine WHO sent that message?
Haha, right now I'm almost wishing Ididn't know about the bug, because now I have no idea of the 10+ iPhone contacts I've got, who sent it ATM.

Any help will be muchly appreciated!
The bug has been known for a while (try 'TPDUs' in Power Search of the forum...)
Unfortunately the broken library is closed source and the device is no longer under maintanance updates.
Actually it was discovered when updates still existed, however Nokia never bothered to correct it even as I named it a fatal flaw...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post: