View Single Post
Posts: 334 | Thanked: 2,004 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ Fin
Originally Posted by velox View Post
A few days ago, I browsed a bit on the Tablet when suddenly it froze.
Being a bit tired, I just long-pressed the power button to switch it off and went to sleep.
The next morning, I booted it up and the web page I was looking at was still a bit visible, also the screen flickered badly. It was pretty cold that night (with the window opened), this could be of some importance, as well.

Here's what I've tried:
  • Put the tablet in a warm place for all further actions
  • Let the battery drain as much as possible, switched on again and again until it shut down (or after it didn't boot completely)
  • Playing one of those "fix my burned in pixel" videos for about an hour. Didn't find one to cover all pixels, though, even 4:3 ones didn't do that for some reason.
  • Resetting the device (since it wasn't visible when booting – but that turned out to be just because the screen was too black to notice)
  • Pressed on a few areas a bit more than I was comfortable with before turning on the display
None of these things had the desired effect.

After a few days of being plugged in, the web page isn't visible (or at least readable) anymore. The "burn in" started getting better at the center of the screen. I assume that's because the display turns on once in a while showing the lock screen (brighter in the center) when plugged in to tell me it's full (normally pretty annoying). The flickering is still there, mostly visible on non-black or non-white areas. While it seems to be less bad, I'm not 100% sure – it's still too bad to really enjoy using the device anyway.

I've now written a small app switching between red, green, blue, black and white relentlessly, because that was actually less work than getting a video like mentioned above playing on the whole screen. I'll let it run for a few hours, but am not very hopeful it'll work. But I will write updates here either way. If it does work, I'll put the app on openrepos.

Has someone experienced (and fixed) something similar?

Me! I have experienced similar. I don't know why(I was trying Glacier?) but my tablet got to boot loop last summer. Or it just tired to boot with Jolla+Intel logo on screen, didn't start or didn't shut down. I didn't notice that Jolla+Intel logo screen was stuck there and I went to sleep.

Next day I flashed tablet with that leaked flasher+SFOS image and noticed same issues as you. Screen was flickering and Jolla+Intel logo was 'burn' there. I was worried but after 5-7 days with slight usage(couple hours) everything was back to normal.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eekkelund For This Useful Post: