Thread: [SailfishOS] SMPC - MusicPD (MPD) Client
View Single Post
Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
Originally Posted by djselbeck View Post
Just to be clear we are on the samepage , what you need is playback of an streaming output from your MPD server?
Well... Need. That's a gross overstatement, I guess. But I would admit it saves a lot of trouble if the client to control the MPD would be the same as the one that fetches the stream. Actually, it would kinda rock. Album art as the love child of a marriage between ncmpcpp, mpc and Qt.

I'll have a look into this in the future but not right now, I need a small pause from developing smpc the local db took quite some time.
And thanks for that.

Now we're on the topic of local db's anyway, is it correct searches (agin, thanks for those!) are not stored somewhere? It would make returning to previous search results a lot faster.

An oddity I noticed is the album art. I see some gibberish whilst in full screen, so I figured I did not have the artwork available (even though it was there when I selected the song), and then I go to multitask view, and the artwork appears as an overlay for the smpc instance. Don't know what's up with that.

An lastly (forgive me): I have a rather large collection on my server. You think it's possible to add an alphabetic fastscroll as used within Harmattan here and there? Scrolling right now is a bit cumbersome with almost a thousand artists and bands.