View Single Post
Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
Ok I wasn't sure if this would be the right section so if its not feel free to move it Reggie. I have made a post or two concerning adding a game pad my n810 the best way I could see doing it was making a hard case for the n810 and basically making it look similar to a PSP just a lot bigger and better. The case I chose some might say is a little big since its 9x5x1.7 it will make the n810 unpocketable while attached but I don’t plan on keeping it attached all the time just while gaming or when I need it I figure I can keep the n810 in my pocket as always and keep this in my backpack until I need it. I might go down to a case that is 7x5x1.5 but this will also be unpocketable so I’m not sure I think I might need the extra 2 inches for the inside mods.

First off this is more then just a case with game controls. It features mini USB hub, a Control Pad, Game Buttons, and Joystick. Plus it will have a full sized female USB port and a full sized SD card slot. The hub I have has 4 ports so I am considering adding a small HD inside the case by either buying a really expensive 1.8inch HD or a USB thumb drive. I’m almost certain I will need a powered USB hub so I have decided to go with a battery powered one. I’m going to be using rechargeable batteries and I’m going to set it up to charge the hub without opening the case.

Here is the current concept art of what it will look like. I will post models of the USB hub and other parts at a later time once I am certain which ones I will use. If anyone has any suggestions on the design, including the look, size, or any of the parts please post them. I will be ordering the case this week and all the holes will be precut so I will be finalizing the design of the case in the next few days.

I have not decided how to attach the n810 to the case since I want it to sit above not in the case for easy removal and so I can slide screen up for the keyboard.

Details:
Sandisk SD 2GB W/ MicroMate Reader Bundle

6 Inch Fully Rated USB Extension Cable A-a

Logitech Dual Action Game Pad USB or Simular

Case

Cyberpower CP-H420MP USB Hub - 4-Port USB 2.0 480Mbps 1.1/2.0 Compatible - Battery-Powered (Rechargeable)

I'm not 100% sure if these are the parts I will be using or not the hub is kinda bigger then I wanted but if I strip off the case it should do fine.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

Last edited by andrewfblack; 2008-06-16 at 14:42.