View Single Post
Once a script/programme/etc. is executable, how different is creating a shortcut in ED compare with normal desktop Debian (that I use on a daily basis, albeit as a complete novice)? Also, I think there's a section specifically for what you're asking in the ED wiki; I know the servers are being dodgy this weekend, so look tomorrow.

I see both sides of the argument here. Using the terminal can be quite daunting. On the other hand, the advantage of using the terminal is to automate processes. It's all about the programming principle of "write one, read many" - in this case read ≡ run.

At first, this will seem counter-intuitive because of the effort required to create the automation but a small amount of terminal can go a very long way. Also, you know saying things like this won't wash:
guess i was born in the new age of GUI
it sounds like "I don't know what to do and won't bother finding out how" - we'll help, even show you how to do things, but you gotta do them yourself.

It's not quite clear what you want to do. Are you trying to start a Maemo programme in the chroot? Or are you trying to run an ED programme? Or do you want a shortcut to the Maemo applications menu?