View Single Post
Banned | Posts: 726 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Gravesend, UK
1337INT13H, you frickin' nitwit. I would bet my car that you are one of these people "I LOTST ALL DA STUF ON MA FONE AN I CARNT GET IT BAK!!11"

"lma, you simply do not need a MicroSD card slot"

Why you telliing the next man what he does and does not need? I want a MicroSD Slot for the same reasons illustrated above. Booting NITDroid etc.

I also use it to put sensitive files on and stuff that I don't want to lose if the eMMC were to suddenly crash or I couldn't get the device to boot, beyond repair.

Torrenting? Sometimes Transmssion (great program!) on the N900 will crash, or if I run out of Battery sending the file system into a Read only state. I'd sooner it did it to MicroSD than the eMMC so I only Torrent to the MicroSD.

Future proof? Sometime in the future there gonna are be cards bigger than 64GB. Try sticking one of those in your straight jacketed N9. Same happened with the N95 8GB when they removed the card slot. I ended up staying with my original older N95 and by the time I had finished using it I had a 16GB card in it. Twice the size.

I'm sure others here have loads more reasons personal to them of why they want a MicroSD card slot.

Last edited by JamesBond@ge; 2011-06-24 at 22:37.