View Single Post
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Originally Posted by jukk View Post
I'm sure you know this, but for reference. Running another Linux distro in chroot on Sailfish is easy: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=98882
Damn, I did miss that actually. Thanks a lot. Is it working properly as EasyDebian was or are there still significant caveats?

Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
Sailfish is the Official Sailfish with AD, Exchange and Predictive Text

I hate Android but I must admit AD makes Sailfish an awesome OS as I have to use WeChat and Whatsapp, And don't have to follow Android's stupid UI design*

I will wait to see how Jolla implements on selling Xperia X's SFOS because as this device is fully open, I want to prevent Android version users (who haven't paid for SFOS) to install unauthorised commercial parts of SFOS.

So a separate image from Jolla would be great for devices pre-load with Android. We will see how it goes.

And I didn't mention this device's UI is supposed to be in landscape most time. Like N900. Android's landscape support is awful. But with Sailfish OS we can adjust from the tablet UI to make home screen landscape friendly. (Or improvement from the landscape patch) IMO SFOS is far superior than Android in terms of landscape UI support. (Shame on Google!)

*On my 5.5 inch Moto Z play, take off the space navigation bar and status bar occupies, the "real content" shows in Android apps is the same as the 5.0 inch Jolla C, when the back key is hidden...
All excellent news. I agree with you on the landscape capacities of Sailfish, I think I even posted on that matter earlier here when someone said Sailfish is far from providing a good landscape/keyboard-slider experience. Even without the Tablet UI, the landscape mode in Sailfish is not bad at all I think, and it's still an OS that is very portrait/touch-friendly at the same time.

Not sure you can disclose this kind of information at this early stage of the project, but have you been in contact with Jolla regarding the possible ways to settle an arrangement for this device, or is it still too early to investigate before the device is final?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post: