View Single Post
Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
4. Closed Tear and opened MicroB from the Web entry in the menu. Bookmarks showed up along with empty window (not a problem for me at least - I really like it doing that [the opening of the new, blank window] but it's not standard behaviour when opening MicroB using the Web menu entry - only the Bookmarks window should show up)
The only oddity that exists, I would have to say, is that closing the last browser window while still having the Bookmarks window open automatically closes the Bookmarks window. Not a problem for me, personally, as I rely upon the history feature.
Both of these are because we have no reliable way of detecting when the bookmarks window closes. These will be release noted (whenever I get around to revising the release notes).

After doing the above steps once, opening the Browser from the menu again and noticing that oddity above, I closed the browser. When I went to open the Browser using the menu entry, Tear popped up so I closed it. Using the menu entry subsequently opened up MicroB but it wasn't through Browser Switchboard as I did not get the blank window.
Okay, THAT is strange -- I have no idea how that could possibly happen. To make sure I understand you correctly: you used the Web menu entry, and Tear (the Browser Switchboard default browser) came up; then you closed Tear, opened the Web menu entry again, and the MicroB bookmarks window (without the about:blank window that Browser Switchboard opens) came up?

Here's the ps output while it's in this state:

~ $ ps | grep browser
1236 user 39964 S /usr/sbin/browserd -d
1630 user 65400 S /usr/sbin/browserd -s 1630 -n RTComMessagingServer
1785 user 3936 S browser
1786 user 33068 S browser
1827 user 72076 S /usr/sbin/browserd -s 1827 -n browserui
1855 user 2092 S grep browser
~ $
That looks like Browser Switchboard launched MicroB (otherwise the browser processes would show as "/usr/bin/browser"). I realize this might be difficult to reproduce, but can you try to reproduce it with browser-switchboard running in a terminal, and show the debug output?

The Following User Says Thank You to steven676 For This Useful Post: