View Single Post
Originally Posted by joshua.maverick View Post
Nathan, I can't thank you enough dude. I started gathering some resources to build some test apps, but I noticed when I ran ./start.sh, I get a bunch of warnings, messages and criticals in scratchbox.

i.e. GLIB MESSAGE Tracker - Tracker couldn't read stopword...

or
GLIB CRITICAL Tracker - could not open directory "file:///home/maemo/MyDocs/.camera':No such file or directory exists

or
GLIB CRITICAL Tracker COuld not initialize the HAL context, no error, is hald running?

Are these normal, I tried googling, to no avail though.

Thanks again dude.
Yes, these are normal -- I wish they weren't their because it adds a lot of noise.

Also, I the shortcuts won't launch the browser and I can't download apps...
Yes, I noticed that also -- appears to be a issue with the SDK.

To download apps; the "easiest" method is to hold-click on the app in the application manager, and get "details" it will list the name of the package on the "catalogue" line.

Then in the window where you type "./start.sh" you type "apt-get install <appname>" so for the game eightyone I typed "apt-get install eightyone". (ignore the version number)

you can type in a list of programs, so you can do:
apt-get install eightyone qt-maemo-example
And it will install both of those programs.

Before you hit <enter> you need to quit out of the application manager; because only one "install/updater" program can be running at a time, and the App manager grabs the lock when it starts.

So I just made a list of things I wanted typing in each one on the command line; then I quit app manager, and hit enter....

Nathan

The Following User Says Thank You to Nathan For This Useful Post: